CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Bustin Outta Here

So...the outing...It was my first one that I planned. We are supposed to select patients that we think could benefit from a community re-entry experience. So I chose 4 people who had NOT been into the community at all since they had been incarcerated. They are only allowed to go out because they have reached a civil commitment level. We went bowling..because I'm REALLY good at it. hehe. Walter, one of my patients announces to the room, yelling

"This is my first time in public since my incarceration...WOW...20 years and 4 months!"

Everyone in the whole place was totally freaked out. It doesn't help that poor little Walter looks a bit spooky. Another one of my patients was so embarrassed he said that he wanted to stick his head inside his shoe so no one could see him. All in all...everything went well...and I WON. :) All in a days work, right?

2 comments:

aniC said...

next time you take some crazies out for a rousing game of bowling, inform me. i dont want to happen to be at the same place at the same time. and that goes for any other activity outting too.

Sarah said...

oh my goodness jess! i can totally picture you and 4 men out and about bowling! you always were a good little bowler :)